Nationally Accredited Mediator
Accredited Specialist (Family Law)
B. Com, LL.B. (UQ)
Brett Hartley, Director and Family Lawyer of Hartley Healy, has practiced exclusively in Family Law since 1989. He is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law and Nationally Accredited Mediator. Brett was ranked in the top 4 Family Lawyers in Brisbane and continues to be a leading Australian Lawyer practicing in Family Law.
An Accredited Specialist in Family Law, Brett is recognised as a Leading Australian Family Law Practitioner, he has experience working on the most complex of family law cases including high profile international family law matters.
Brett founded Hartley Family Law Service in 1998 with a vision to create a team of elite family law specialists and supply a higher level of personal privacy to clients. Brett’s background working within large corporate law firms shed light on the importance of personal family law matters being handled away from the clients normal business lawyers.
Joe Healy shares this vision and brought his expertise to the practice when he joined as a solicitor in 2002 and then later partnered with Brett in 2005 to create Hartley Healy.
A 23 year veteran to Family Law, Brett has been involved in complex Australian and International Family Law cases. Some noteworthy cases include;
- Litigation that involved the former owner of a major international airline with $50 million worth of property settlement assets;
- Litigation involving a substantial Australian property developer with assets worth over $40 million;
- Large Australian rural cases - most notably substantial enterprises in SEQ with assets totalling in excess of $100 million;
- International Law matters including; child support and property settlement applications in London;
- A Hague Convention child abduction and subsequent property settlement disputes between Australia and the United States (involving disputes in Texas and Los Angeles);
- A complex matter involving property proceedings in Las Vegas, USA where Brett gave expert evidence pertaining to jurisdictional issues and property settlement in Australia to the Nevada court.
- Complex jurisdictional and choice of forum cases in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Brett is widely recognised as an expert in all areas of family law, complex property matters and valuation of property. He is often asked to present at various seminars, write papers or interviewed on major Australian media outlets, including The Weekend Financial Review, Sydney Radio 2UE, and The Weekend Australian. He has worked with the Securities Institute of Australia as a subject matter expert, contributed to the CCH Australian Family Law and Practice publication, and is a contributing author to Legal Profiles Publication. Brett also regularly presents as an expert at seminars including Television Education Network, LexisNexis and Legal Wise.
Brett has an unwavering passion and commitment to Family Law, and has written a plethora of articles on the subject as well as penning four eBooks that help guide people through Children and Family Law, Family Law in Australia, Property Settlement in Australia, and a Survival Guide to Divorce.
In 2013 Brett became a Nationally Accredited Mediator, establishing Brett Hartley Mediations. He brings his 23 years of experience in Family Law to help parties settle their family law disputes outside of court.!!staff-testimonials!!